Saturday 24 May 2014

It's Show Time!

I love live entertainment; music concerts, theatre shows, stand-up comedy, festivals. Anything with performers & audience feeding off of one anothers energy. The past month has been show packed & it’s been awesome!

First my sister & I went to Birmingham to see McBusted - the combination of bands McFly & Busted! We used to go to a lot of music concerts at Birmingham NEC but it has been years since we last went so this was a fun return to one of our favourite ways to spend time together. We have seen McFly live many many times over the years, we actually first saw them as a support act for Busted in 2004 so to see them again 10 years later, all together again (well, without Charlie ‘I’m too good for you even though I’m really not that good’ Simpson from Busted) was a chance we jumped at. We really weren’t disappointed – the concert was great. High energy, happy, singing, dancing fun times! We left with hoarse voices & big smiles. I even managed to drive all the way home (with a quick stop at Bristol services for coffee) without falling asleep – result!


 Having not been to Birmingham for a concert for what feels like a lifetime, I have now been twice in as many weeks as Mike & I got last minute tickets to see another of my favourite pop acts – Katy Perry. My name is Teri-Ann & I am a KatyCat! The concert was great, filled with cool costumes, great dancers, lights & lasers. And of course – the lovely Katy Perry. Lots of her old songs, mixed with songs from her new album. I had a really good night singing along. I have to say I was grateful to share the driving with Mike though; I was much sleepier so we split the driving between us.


 As well as two concerts, we have also been to the theatre twice! First we had a weekend in London, with lunch at one of my favourite restaurants, Wahaca – great Mexican food & even better margaritas! In the evening we went to see ‘Charlie & The Chocolate Factory’ in the West End. I love the Roald Dahl story & the two film versions so I was excited to see the stage production. It was really good. The cast were great, the sets & staging were great, the music was fun & it followed the story pretty well. Last night, we went to Plymouth to meet up with Mikes parents to see ‘Evita’. With Marti Pellow as Ché & Madalena Alberto as Eva heading up the cast, it was a really great performance. Mike & I saw Evita on Broadway when we went to New York in 2012 (with Ricky Martin as Ché!) but I would say the performance we saw last night was better! I wasn’t 100% sure about Marti Pellow initially but actually he was great (but not as good as Ricky Martin, haha!) and Madelena Alberto was a fabulous Eva. Thank you to Mike's parents for taking us to see the show.


 After a busy month of shows, I am looking forward to a more chilled out June. A week in Spain should fit the bill just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment